Blog-Archiv

Samstag, 11. Oktober 2014

Wanaka :)

This post is as well as the last german one, from like 2 months ago
Sorry about that, I had a few problems with wifi and my computer

Heeellou!
Much has happened in the past few weeks and I´m sorry that I was too lazy to write but here I am again! So 5 weeks ago I took a one way flight from Wellington to Queenstown. Well it wasn´t a one way flight but my parents cancelled the fight back :). So I arrived in Wanaka just over a month ago and it feels like I´ve been here ages already :D. The first 2 weeks I stayed with family friends (Rosemaie and Günter) but I already met my `second family`:). In the first week which was also the first week of the winter holidays, I did many walks, `hikes`with Rosemarie and Günter and got to know the city better aswell :). In the second week I did a bit more :D. I met Claire from school, got my gorgeous (…) uniform (it´s not too bad, its actually really nice), got my ski passes for both ski fields (isn´t that awesome- to have two ski fields right next to ur town?!?!), went boarding for 4 days in total, had a car crash, and did some more walks, sorry hikes :D. One-hour-hikes... AND I watched the world cup :). I had to promise my friends :D but I surprised myself with quite enjoying it! Weird...

So there happened a lot in the second week, but the best part was the days when I went boarding three days in Cardrona and one in Treble Cone which was pretty cool even though we had a complete white out in Treble Cone. Great for ur first day up there! :) I was there with Ursula and Greer (my hostmum and my 13-year old hostsister). I went to Cardrona with Mark and Neco and it was also when we had that accident and NOTHING happened! I feel like I have to say that over and over again but I am fine. I was just asleep and was like “holy shit this is a weird dream” until I realized that it was real :). The next day we went skiing again with anoher car and everything was fine. Cardrona is a nice and big ski field while Treble Cone is much steeper in some areas but half of TC is closed because there isn´t enough snow.
The landscape around Wanaka ist just beautiful! I love it!! The lake and the mountains with the snow on the top and the trees... I LOVE IT!
3 weeks ago I moved to Ursula (wohoo! :D) and one day later schooool started! The first day was just an orientation day when we got to know the school, the rules (:/) and had to make maths and english tests (:/// :00 :==) . When we finally went to all our classes I was welcomed very friendly (in geo everyone stared at me like I was an alien) and there is one other thing: we have houses. There are 4 which are named after the mountains in and around Wanaka. Barker (green), Pisa (gold/ yellow), Iron (red) and Roy (MY HOUSE!!! :D- blue). One time I walked up Mount Iron and I thought I was good in walking up a Mountain fast but there really has to be something wrong with my memory because I was like dying :) Some people say it is called Mount Iron because someone thought it would look like an iron and it does, but why would you call a mountain like that?!?!

I have to say something which actually doesn´t belong here BUUT I LOVE the sog let it go from Demi Lovato. I know it´s from the movie but her version is just so good. I always listen to it on youtube because I don´t have it myself and it´s such a good song. (I just heard while writing :))

On the weekends we often go skiing/ snowboarding at TC and on mondays I go up Cardrona with my OP class (Outdoor Pursuit) which is really fun by the way. Whie everyone sends me their summer picture or changes their profile picture on facebook to one on the beach,, I´m going snowboarding and go to school in a skirt while I can see my breath. :)
So this was basically it, if you have any questions feel free to ask :)
Bye for now
Leah

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen